Issue with excel sheet connection properties. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

I am new to connection in Excel 2007 Workbook. I have created chart based on Sharepoint list data in website1. Now, last week i have changed my website1 URL and suddenly this workbook chart is not refreshing. Also, "Browse..." button in Connection property got disable. Now, how do i point my connection to new URL, so i can get the updates. Please advice.

Thanks,

Chintan

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:16 PM Seems not to be an Excel *Services* question - just Excel + SharePoint (From:SharePoint - Excel Services (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Chintan,

When you open the chart - Under Data- Connections Tab- Properties- Check the box, refresh Data when opening the file(Usage Tab) and then under Definitaion tab You will see a Section called Command text as mentioned below

<LIST><VIEWGUID>{232F40D8-1471-4596-B989-3C7A6DF38509}</VIEWGUID><LISTNAME>{67F1CA4F-7E3D-4ED1-9AE2-8D5EFC9135D4}</LISTNAME><LISTWEB>https://servername/sites/_vti_bin</LISTWEB><LISTSUBWEB></LISTSUBWEB><ROOTFOLDER></ROOTFOLDER></LIST>

You will see the URL there , try to modify it and save it.

Or else you might have to recreate the chart . Let us know if this helps. Thanks

Thanks & Regards Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 9:16 PM
  • Hi Zoeb,

Thx for replying. I can click on Definition tab but all fields under it are disable / inactive.

Pls suggest further.

- Chintan

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 12:52 PM