none
When configuring hyper-v host does the virtual network created need to have IP's which are on the same subnet as a future VM? RRS feed

• Question

• When configuring hyper-v host does the virtual network created need to have NIC's which are on the same subnet as a future VM?

This hyper-v host  has (two nics)one team nic and one single nic.  I created a virtual network 1 which composed of two nics which are teamed on a 150.X.X.X subnet.   I also created a virtual network 2 which is composed of just one nic which is on a 10.150.20.X subnet.  Assume that the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 for both virtual networks.

I need to create a VM with an IP on the 10.150.20.X subnet.  Do I have to create this VM using the virtual network 1 or virtual network 2? 

2nd question-if these two virtual networks have the same default gateway and DNS servers does it make a difference which virtual network I place this VM which has to have a 10.150.20.X IP?--I am guessing this does not make a difference since the default gateway and DNS are the same.

dsk

• Edited by kimdav111 Friday, February 10, 2012 5:26 AM
    Friday, February 10, 2012 5:24 AM