none
Not seeing the ADMX file

Question

• Hi,

We have Central store for GPO. In the Central store: .....\Policies\PolicyDefinitions, there is a lists of .admx files, which including the one I need: office14.admx

But when I try to Addt the .admx file from Central store via Computer Configuration > Right click on Adm Templates: policy definitions (ADMX files) ... > Add/Remove Template > click Add > navigate to Central Store.

However from there, I cannot see any .admx files. 

Any idea why i cannot see any admx file in Central Store and how to add admx files in this scenario?

Also the REMOVE button is greyed out from the Add/Remove Templates.

Even though there are already Administrative Templates being added into the GPO, however none is showing in Add/Remove Template for removing.

How can we remote an Administrative template from a GPO in this case?

thank you

Best Regards,

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 7:49 AM

Answers

• Hi,

the "Add/Remove Template" is only used for legacy adm files.

You just need to copy the admx + corresponding adml files in the proper directory (*.admx in the root PolicyDefinitions folder and the *.adml in the language folder such as en-US or de-DE)
    After you have copied the files the settings show up automatically in the Administrative Templates in the GP Management Editor.

Regards

Daniel

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

• Marked as answer by BlueBerries Wednesday, August 03, 2016 4:08 AM
    Tuesday, August 02, 2016 9:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

the "Add/Remove Template" is only used for legacy adm files.

You just need to copy the admx + corresponding adml files in the proper directory (*.admx in the root PolicyDefinitions folder and the *.adml in the language folder such as en-US or de-DE)
    After you have copied the files the settings show up automatically in the Administrative Templates in the GP Management Editor.

Regards

Daniel

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

• Marked as answer by BlueBerries Wednesday, August 03, 2016 4:08 AM
    Tuesday, August 02, 2016 9:03 AM
  • Just saw this post and it solved my problem too.  Thanks!
    Tuesday, August 01, 2017 5:02 PM