Migration from SMTP mail to Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

At this moment our company uses internet provider's mail server. I installed and configured Exchange 2007 and now must migrate all users from provider's mail server to Exchange 2007. On Exchange server there will be limit for user mailboxes - 200mb. Users are accessing mail with outlook 2007. When I'm configuring user's Outlook with Exchange account, it creates .ost file. But old mail stays in .pst files. Therefore user must work with 2 folders - old and new accounts. It's undesireble. So, I can resolve this issue in two ways: 1. Associate Exchange account with old .pst file 2. Export old mail to new Exchange account.

Both  solutions are bad: first is bad because synchronization with mailbox will be lost: second - because user's old mail may be much more than 200 mb and if Exchange will try to synchronize exported mail, it will fail.

Can you help me with this problem&

P.S. Sorry for my poor english.
    Friday, January 30, 2009 10:47 AM

Answers

•  

Dear customer:

You can add the mailbox size limit and then import .pst file to your mailbox again.

For more information about How to Import Mailbox Data, please refer to the following article:

How to Import Mailbox Data

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb691363.aspx

Rock Wang - MSFT

• Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Monday, February 9, 2009 1:09 AM
    Monday, February 2, 2009 6:32 AM