none
Error 32684: Unable to contact the protection agent on server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

I wonder could anyone help me with this?  I see a few similar posts with people having the same problem before but unfortunately the posts don't appear to be updated with the resolution!

I'm having trouble adding a server in our DMZ onto our DPM 2012 R2. I've done the following: -

1. Run SetDPMServer.exe and specified the DPM server name and a user name for a new local account to be created.

2. Entered a password when prompted and the command ran and completed successfully.

3. On the DPM Server I clicked install agent by selected the attach computer in work group or untrusted domain option

4. Provided the new credentials I specified earlier

It says in progress for about 30 seconds to a minute then failed sighting the 32684 error so not sure what is going on.  I've added several servers like this previously so not sure what is going on here.

I've had a firewall rule put in place between the DPM server and the server in the DMZ so each server can ping the other one but it still fails.

I've looked through the logs but there is just so much info generated I don't know what to look for so if anyone could point me to a specific log file and give me an idea what to look for to help me get the DMZ server added to the DPM server that would be great.

So any suggestions on how to fix my problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Bonemister

Thursday, October 8, 2015 2:48 PM

All replies