none
Looking for a way to designate target tapes for Dailies, Weeklies and Monthlies RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm new to DPM and have been tasked with coming up with an offsite tape rotation strategy.  I've gone through some of the Technet documentation on deploying DPM but haven't seen any reference to being able to choose which backup job(s) goes to a specific tape.

The Backup Tape Device is a Quantum Scalar i40.

The backup server is an HP Proliant DL380G6 running Windows 2008 R2 Datacenter server (64-bit version w/SP 1) and using Microsoft Data Protection Manager 2010 to run the backup jobs.

There are 5 Protection Groups which are: Domain Controllers (2 jobs)  , Exchange (3 jobs) , File Servers (4 jobs) , SharePoint (1 job) & SQL (9 jobs)  that run a total of 19 jobs.  Currently the jobs are setup with Co-location activated - this makes for confusion when trying to attempting to coordinate an offsite rotation as different types of jobs (Fulls and increnetals) from different Protection Groups end up on the same tape. Is there a way to designate a job to run on a specific tape?

• Moved by MarcReynolds Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:04 PM (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 5:25 PM

Answers