none
Pagefile exclusion for VHDs is not functional System Center DPM 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• The Release Notes for Data Protection Manager in System Center 2012 R2 state that:

Pagefile exclusion for VHDs is not functional

Description: Pagefile exclusion for virtual hard disk files (VHDs) is not functional.

Workaround: None.

I feel silly asking this in the forums, but my mind just can't wrap around the fact that this feature (that was just recently added in DPM 2012 SP1) is broken in the new release of 2012 R2.  Does anyone with actual knowledge of the product have any additional info on this issue?  Do we need to wait for a service pack to fix it or are there possibly ANY workarounds or situations where it might be used?

TIA

Friday, November 8, 2013 3:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This is a documentation error and will get it addressed.  DPM 2012 R2 RTM does still support page file VHD exclusion same as DPM 2012 SP1.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is a documentation error and will get it addressed.  DPM 2012 R2 RTM does still support page file VHD exclusion same as DPM 2012 SP1.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:35 PM
  • Pagefile exclusion feature is not working for me in DPM 2012 R2. Any clue.
    Monday, June 30, 2014 9:19 PM
  • I confirm. This setting does not work.
    Hyper-V 2012 R2 + DPM 2012 R2 UR 9
    Friday, February 12, 2016 1:44 AM
  • Hi

The HyperVPagefileExclusions setting issue is now fixed in DPM 2012 R2 + UR10

KB3143871 -Update Rollup 10 for System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 4:25 PM