none
Difference between IE 11.0.9600.18762 & IE 11.1593.14393.0 - cookies / framing RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings, I am curious what the differences are between IE 11.0.9600.18762 & IE 11.1593.14393.0 that might relate to cookies being preserved in a Iframe.

Our software is framed in by a client company's portal using iframe.   In two places in our software where a dialog box is opened, and submit clicked on the dialog box, when next post is done leaving the dialog box, User with IE 11.1593.14393.0 seems to have cookies lost (so it bounces back to a login page).  User with 11.0.9600.18762 has no problem.

We have implemented the P3P header to allow cookies to be preserved within the iframe.

thank you

Friday, September 15, 2017 7:11 PM

All replies

• I am also noticing different behavior between the two different versions. 11.0.xx appears to be the up to date version on a Windows 7 machine, and 11.1593.xx is for Windows 10.

We have a website running in IE8 compatibility mode. On IE 11.1593.xx the backspace causes a back navigation (last page from history), but on IE 11.0.9600.xx it does not.

Very strange and I could not find a solution to it to date.

Cheers,

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 12:35 PM
  • @2

Please include links to the websites that you are having problems with your questions. If they are intranet sites and not publicly accessible, mention as such and include the IE emulation mode that they have been configured to use from the Enterprise Site Mode lists (about:compat).. It would be unusual for an intranet site to use P3P. Public websites should be coded to modern standards, and activeX/plugin dependencies removed, and target the IE Internet security zone settings.

If you have migrated an intranet application that was developed for XP/IE 8, then you should use Enterprise Site Mode lists to manage the Emulation mode (aka documentMode) that IE will use for the site... there are subtle differences for IE8 emulation and "Enterprise Mode" (available only under the EMSLM) for IE11 on pro and enterprise versions of windows.

You can find out which emulation mode a domain/page is using from f12>Emulation tab or from about:compat (where enterprise site mode lists has been deployed).

Regards.

Rob^_^

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 10:27 PM