LTIApply - There is not enough space on the disk. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm trying to deploy a custom WIM to a machine with a 500GB hard drive, and I'm receiving a "There is not enough space on the disk" error after a couple hours.

The image is ~ 300GB.

I've been looking through LTIApply.log and it appears that the task sequence first copies the WIM to C:\MININT\Operating Systems\ on the target machine, then uses imagex to restore the image to the drive.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the error is because the WIM has already half-filled the drive, and there isn't enough room left over to restore the image to the drive.

Why does MDT first copy the WIM to the hard drive before restoring? Is this by design?

And is there a way to directly restore the WIM from the deployment share vs copying to the target first?

Many Thanks
    Matt
    Thursday, July 4, 2013 5:33 PM

All replies

• If this is a one off and you just need your ~300 GB WIM (btw, that's huge... is it a full backup of a machine?), you could boot into WinPE, open Command Prompt, map the Deployment Share, format the drives on the target machine, and run ImageX manually over the network.

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

Thursday, July 4, 2013 8:57 PM
    Answerer
  • Default should the image be applied from the deploymentshare. How does your Ltiapply.log file look like?

The imagex needs extra space on the harddrive when it's "extracting" the image.

Thursday, July 4, 2013 9:18 PM