Update for Internet Explorer 8 for OS XP RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a problem with "Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP (KB2799329)". I use SCCM 2007 for centralized update distribution (for about 1500 computers in our company). Before I deploy client updates to all computers, I install them on test computers to check if everything works correctly. This update, when installed on two test computers, made a problem:

1. computer: with Internet Eplorer 8, (browser couldn't open anything) and on Lync (program was unabled to send and receive instant messages and while instant message was in attemp to be sent/received, error message on Lync in window (communicator.exe - Original Not Found) was: "The ordinal 459 could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll." ).

2. computer: problems were much/less the same (Lync was unabled to send instant messages, but it was able to recieve instant message and respond back, but when message window was minimized it disappeared, and IE wasn't working).

All problems disappeared when update was uninstalled. My question is: How to install this update centalized, because it was recently released as critical, and not to harm other functionalities? Thanks in advance

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:58 PM

Answers