none
Is there a way to also monitor HD and / or SSD usage in Process Explorer v16.30 as well as process memory, CPU, CPU and other items? RRS feed

• Question

• Good evening,

Is there a way to also monitor HD and / or SSD usage in Process Explorer v16.30 as well as process memory, CPU, CPU and other items?

Or will I have to use another specific application?

Thank you!

Friday, September 6, 2019 2:46 AM

All replies

• Process Explorer monitor the disk too.. it depends on what you exactly need to monitor..

It monitor the total performance of the disk if you open the system information dialog..

Then you can select what information you want for each process to appear on the main window.

SO, if this is what you are looking for, then Process Explorer already monitor the disk performance..

If you need more info, you can use Perfmon or even Resoiurce Monitor..

HTH
    -mario

Friday, September 6, 2019 7:16 AM
  • I think this person's question is, "why is the Process Disk tab missing from Process Explorer->Select Columns".  I was having the same problem, so started searching the internet to see if maybe I missed a Sysinternals "feature announcement".  (You know... the latest update model of Windows adds/subtracts foundational capabilities from the OS - so maybe someone in the Sysinternals department thought it must be the new trend). 

I guess because of the Google algorithms, whenever I typed in "Process Disk tab missing from Process Explorer", I get pages and pages of helpful links introducing me to Process Explorer and informing me how well it monitors disk activity.  It wasn't until I manually drilled into this blog that I found someone else with the same problem as I. 

So I ran my most recent version of Process Explorer (16.22), and my"Process Disk" tab is missing.  I checked some older PCs, and they all have it.  So I just now downloaded 16.30 (the latest as of this post), and the "Process Disk" tab is missing. Am I missing something?  Maybe its a setting in Win10 that disables that tab? Any help would be appreciated. 

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 3:13 AM
  • I can see it if you mean this:

I'm running 16.30 on windows 10 build 18975

HTH
    _mario

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:00 PM