Including New Folder In Profile Folder. RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings Window 7 Forum,

I have set up Windows with System and Programs on C:\, and my data (and a few other things) on D:\.

Such that;

D:\Users\[Me]\ then I have Contacts, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, .., Searches folder within.

I created another folder, D:\Users\[Me]\Mail, where I placed my MS Outlook 2007 pst folder, for easy access and back ups. When opening Windows Explorer, there is typically Libraries, Homegroup, then the [Me] profile folder. The 'D:\Users\[Me]\Mail\' does not appear in the [Me] profile folder.  Is it possible for this folder to appear in the [Me] profile folder in Explorer?

Please note this is not a killer nor a show stopper, just a matter of convenience, and a good if it did type of thing.

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit.

Thanks and regards,
     - BotRot 
    Monday, February 15, 2010 11:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I am not clear the exact meaning of your profile folder. Does that mean the “computer” in the navigation pane?

If so, you can run cmd and type “subst x: D:\Users\[Me]\Mail” in the command line. You can substitute x for any alphabet which is not used for the system disk already.

If there are still any problems, please feel free to let me know.

• Marked as answer by nj-c Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:14 PM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am not clear the exact meaning of your profile folder. Does that mean the “computer” in the navigation pane?

If so, you can run cmd and type “subst x: D:\Users\[Me]\Mail” in the command line. You can substitute x for any alphabet which is not used for the system disk already.

If there are still any problems, please feel free to let me know.

• Marked as answer by nj-c Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:14 PM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:35 AM
  • Hello Leon 823,

I'm not sure of the correct name for the folder, it's the folder with the user name, within the Desktop folder in Windows Explorer. Such that;

Desktop | [UserName Folder] \  Contacts, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, .., Searches.

I thank you for your assistance Leon 823, it's something I'll leave for another day.

Thanks and regards,
    - BotRot
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:14 PM