Access Mysites information of a deleted AD user RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How can i access the Mysite data of a deleted Active Directory account.

Example:

Person create a mysite and stored some information. If the person deleted from the AD, how can i access his/her mysite information. What are the possible ways.

Ques:

1) If i add the user back in AD and login into the site. Click on Mysite link is trying to create the new Mysite instead of pulling the old one.

2) If the AD account is deactivated for some period and again activated then also it is not pulling the old Mysite.

3) How can i delete the Mysite of a person, whose account is deleted from AD?

Thanks,

-Gautham

-Gautham
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7:06 PM MySite = Social Computing forum. (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 6:35 PM

Answers

• If the mysite has not been deleted, you can use the following steps to get access to his MySite.

• If you just want to get into the View All Site Content page, from Central Admin, go to Application Management. From Site Collection Administrator link set yourself as the secondary site collection administrator this the MySite.
    • If you want to get access to his MySite homepage, in addition to above, change the Personal user profile property for your user profile to the url of this MySite.

Thanks,
    Dip

Dip
    http://dzeee.net/sharepoint
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:25 PM

All replies

• If the mysite has not been deleted, you can use the following steps to get access to his MySite.

• If you just want to get into the View All Site Content page, from Central Admin, go to Application Management. From Site Collection Administrator link set yourself as the secondary site collection administrator this the MySite.
    • If you want to get access to his MySite homepage, in addition to above, change the Personal user profile property for your user profile to the url of this MySite.

Thanks,
    Dip

Dip
    http://dzeee.net/sharepoint
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:25 PM
  • Thanks, Dip.

-Gautham

Moderator Note: Mark the post that gave you the answer, not your post thanking for the answer.

Thursday, March 24, 2011 6:43 PM