Windows Steady State - Battery Meter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys - I have recently been using Windows Steady State to lockdown some computers - however it is causing a few problems.
    Since we are locking down Laptops that run Windows XP - Steady state hides the battery meter from the taskbar. This is probably due to 'restrict access to task bar' and other settings inside Steady State. I have tried to manually edit registry settings to allow just the battery meter to be visible, but with no luck.

Has anyone run across this issue before? Are there any possible solutions? I just need to make the battery level meter visible and nothing else. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance :)

Kosta
    • Changed type Sean Zhu - Monday, July 20, 2009 6:41 AM
    Friday, July 17, 2009 8:07 AM

Answers

• You will have to uncheck the setting under General Settings (I think) where the Notifications area is listed. Once that setting is unchecked, all the tray icons will show, including the battery meter. As far as I know that is the only way. My desktops are set up this way only because I have Time and Print management software that won't load into memory and launch if that setting is enabled.

Hope this helps,

Philip

P.S.  Also running XP Pro on them
    Jealousy is not proof of love, nor proof of emotional immaturity
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, July 20, 2009 6:42 AM
    Friday, July 17, 2009 4:28 PM

All replies

• You will have to uncheck the setting under General Settings (I think) where the Notifications area is listed. Once that setting is unchecked, all the tray icons will show, including the battery meter. As far as I know that is the only way. My desktops are set up this way only because I have Time and Print management software that won't load into memory and launch if that setting is enabled.

Hope this helps,

Philip

P.S.  Also running XP Pro on them
    Jealousy is not proof of love, nor proof of emotional immaturity
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, July 20, 2009 6:42 AM
    Friday, July 17, 2009 4:28 PM
  • Hmm yeah - it seems to be the only way to do it :( However I still only want the battery meter icon to show and nothing else!
    I guess i will have to install a 3rd party software to display the battery meter level.

Thanks for the help!

Kosta
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 1:23 AM