SQL MP: Failed to create System.PropertyBagData RRS feed

• Question

• We have warning messages produced in our OpsMgr 2007 R2 environment (SQL Server MP 6.0.6648.0).  Every time the health service is restarted on the database server (Windows 2008 Server SP1, x64, SQL Server 2008 SP1), we see:

The process started at 3:58:29 PM failed to create System.PropertyBagData. Errors found in output:

C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 19\10\GetSQL2008DBSpace.js(67, 12) Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'Databases' is null or not an object

Command executed: "C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "GetSQL2008DBSpace.js" myservername

Working Directory: C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 17\10\
    <...>
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The process started at 3:58:29 PM failed to create System.PropertyBagData, no errors detected in the output. The process exited with 0

Command executed: "C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "GetSQL2008DBConfig.vbs" myservername

Working Directory: C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 19\59\

One or more workflows were affected by this.
    <...>
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried running the commands locally on the server in which they are failing.  For the database space script, I receive a pop-up:

Runtime Error!
    Program:  C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe
    R6034
    An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Followed by this output on the command prompt:

C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Moni
    toring Host Temporary Files 19\10>"C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "Get
    SQL2008DBSpace.js" dix-q-opmdbs-01
    ============================= BEGIN SCRIPT ERROR ===============================
    ==

Script Name           : Get SQL 2008 Database Space
    Error Type        : [object Error]
    Error Number      : -2147023782
    Error Code        : 1114
    Win32 Facility    : 7
    Error Source      : undefined
    Error Description :
    ============================== END SCRIPT ERROR ================================
    ==

C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Moni
    toring Host Temporary Files 19\10\GetSQL2008DBSpace.js(67, 12) Microsoft JScript
     runtime error: 'Databases' is null or not an object

Any thoughts on why these errors occur and how we correct them?

Also - where do I find the portion of the MP that is running "GetSQL2008DBSpace.js" and "GetSQL2008DBConfig.vbs"? 

Thank you,
    Kate

Monday, November 9, 2009 10:21 PM

Answers

• OK, so I fixed my own issue. Basically my scom action account did not have access to sql because we remove "localhost\Administrators" from the SQL security settings, and instead explicitly add a Domain group called "<servername> SQL Admins" with sysadmin access. After I added the scom action and scom config accounts to that group, these warnings went away.
    Monday, November 16, 2009 6:43 PM
  • We had installed SQL DMO from the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Backward Compatibility Components, which is why I was so confused as to why it wasn't working.

Turns out there must be more than one version. 

Originally, our DBA installed:

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Backward compatibility. Product Version: 8.05.1054. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 0.

I decided to check the byte size on the msi they used and it didn't match what the website showed.  They removed what was installed, then went out and downloaded from the website and installed:

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Backward compatibility. Product Version: 8.05.2309. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 0.

Everything is working now! 

Kate

• Marked as answer by KateAH Tuesday, November 10, 2009 8:10 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 8:10 PM

All replies

• You should install SQL DMO. Click here and download the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Backward Compatibility Components

http://OpsMgr.ru/
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 4:29 AM
  • We had installed SQL DMO from the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Backward Compatibility Components, which is why I was so confused as to why it wasn't working.

Turns out there must be more than one version. 

Originally, our DBA installed:

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Backward compatibility. Product Version: 8.05.1054. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 0.

I decided to check the byte size on the msi they used and it didn't match what the website showed.  They removed what was installed, then went out and downloaded from the website and installed:

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Backward compatibility. Product Version: 8.05.2309. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 0.

Everything is working now! 

Kate

• Marked as answer by KateAH Tuesday, November 10, 2009 8:10 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 8:10 PM
  • I had the exact same "Error message from the original post. Installing SQL 2005 DMO 8.05.2309, only fixed the "GetSQL2008DBSpace.js" error 4000, but now I'm getting these 2 "Warning" messages every time the "Health Service" restarts. So far, it doesn't look like they are recurring. This is on my Root MS. Server 2008 Enterprise x64, SQL 2008 Standard SP1 x64. I've searched google, to find the posts on this error, but it only returned back one article which is here on technet posted just Nov 13 1009 with no responses, http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/systemcenteressentials/thread/014a7bde-a601-49c8-9ddb-ee0f7c1ff641

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The process started at 11:46:32 AM failed to create System.PropertyBagData. Errors found in output:

C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 23\215\GetSQL2008LongRunningJobs.vbs(222, 2) Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server: The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'sp_help_jobactivity', database 'msdb', schema 'dbo'.

Command executed:    "C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "GetSQL2008LongRunningJobs.vbs" WUIS123
    Working Directory:    C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 23\215\

Workflow name: Microsoft.SQLServer.2008.Agent.LongRunningJobs
    Instance name: SQLSERVERAGENT
    Instance ID: {83E94043-D0BF-A4FB-F5C6-F3D5CEAC2AF1}
    Management group:
    <managegroupnamehere>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The process started at 11:46:32 AM failed to create System.PropertyBagData. Errors found in output:

C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 23\77\GetSQL2008DBSpace.js(94, 5) (null): 0x80040129

Command executed:    "C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "GetSQL2008DBSpace.js" WUIS123
    Working Directory:    C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 23\77\

Workflow name: many
    Instance name: many
    Instance ID: many
    Management group: <managegroupnamehere>

Error    11/16/2009 4:22:36 AM    Health Service Script    4000    None

Monday, November 16, 2009 6:26 PM
  • OK, so I fixed my own issue. Basically my scom action account did not have access to sql because we remove "localhost\Administrators" from the SQL security settings, and instead explicitly add a Domain group called "<servername> SQL Admins" with sysadmin access. After I added the scom action and scom config accounts to that group, these warnings went away.
    Monday, November 16, 2009 6:43 PM