none
Command Prompt RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to the MDT scene and created a task sequence for our laptop builds. During the deployment TS it pauses on an empty command prompt windows and waits for you to exit it before it continues. Nothing is showing in the logs and I have narrowed it down to the post install phase between "Next Phase" and "Restart Computer". Ive checked the ZTINextPhase & ZTIWinRE scripts as best i can but found no reference to using a command window.

Is this something anyone else has seen?

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 8:51 AM

All replies

• I am new to the MDT scene and created a task sequence for our laptop builds. During the deployment TS it pauses on an empty command prompt windows and waits for you to exit it before it continues. Nothing is showing in the logs and I have narrowed it down to the post install phase between "Next Phase" and "Restart Computer". Ive checked the ZTINextPhase & ZTIWinRE scripts as best i can but found no reference to using a command window.

Is this something anyone else has seen?

I've never seen this, I'd recreate the task sequence and see if that helps.  You can copy your custom steps between the old sequence to the new one.

-BrianG (http://supportishere.com)

• Proposed as answer by Dan_Vega Wednesday, April 29, 2015 8:22 PM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:47 PM
  • Or use a TS that is as uncustomized as possible and add in your items one by one, until it breaks.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 4:42 PM
  • Try what Brian suggested. You can open up two task sequences at the same time, then right click on the task you want to copy and click copy. In the new task sequence, right click on a task where you want to paste the task you copied. It will be added just below where you clicked.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 8:25 PM
  • Also look at any applications you may have installing.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, April 30, 2015 12:28 AM
  • Thanks guys, ill give it a go and let you know the outcome.

Thursday, April 30, 2015 7:45 AM