Appv V5 - AppData\Roaming RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am trying to sequence 'CloudXplorer by ClumsyLeaf' but when I add an account during sequencing it is putting the account details in C:\Users\user.XXXXNT\AppData\Roaming\ClumsyLeaf
    Software\CloudXplorer\accounts.xml.  Obviously, this is not being captured, is there a way of capturing this .xml file so that it can be rolled out when published?

Monday, July 4, 2016 11:34 AM

Answers

• CloudXplorer stores the account key information in an encrypted form using either current user's key (derived from the account passwort) or current machine's master key. If you move account.xml to a different machine, CloudXplorer will ignore all those accounts, for which it is unable to decrypt the account key, which happens in your case. On the other side, Google Drive/OneDrive account don't operate with secret keys (you log in using OAuth2 and your Google/Microsoft password), this is why they will appear even if you copy account.xml to a different user profile/machine.
    • Marked as answer by Shepsy Wednesday, July 6, 2016 10:06 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 7:04 AM

All replies

• AppData\Roaming should get captured during sequencing, unless you excluded it. Have you specified any Exclusions or do you see in the Exclusions Report at the End, that the Path was specifically excluded?

Simon Dettling | msitproblog.com | @SimonDettling

Monday, July 4, 2016 11:37 AM
  • Here is a copy of the exclusion report that appear after sequencing:-

One or more files were excluded from the package because they are located in excluded paths. Missing files can cause unexpected application failures.

The following files were excluded:

C:\Users\xxxx.xxxxNT\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History

C:\Users\xxxx.xxxxNT\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History\History.IE5

C:\Users\xxxx.xxxxNT\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History\History.IE5\MSHist012016070420160705

C:\Users\xxxx.xxxxNT\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History\History.IE5\MSHist012016070420160705\index.dat

C:\Users\xxxx.xxxxNT\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent

C:\Users\xxxx.xxxxNT\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CloudXplorer.lnk

C:\Users\xxxx.xxxxNT\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\Config.xml.lnk

Monday, July 4, 2016 11:45 AM
  • Are you able to see the Folder/File on the Files Tab, when editing the Package after sequencing? Based on the above Report your Folder actually shouldn't get excluded.

Monday, July 4, 2016 11:48 AM
  • When "Prepare for Streaming" the application can still see the accounts.xml file.

When I 'configure further' I get these warnings:-

One or more files were excluded from the package because they are located in excluded paths. Missing files can cause unexpected application failures.

The following files were excluded:

C:\System Volume Information

C:\System Volume Information\SPP

C:\System Volume Information\SPP\OnlineMetadataCache

C:\System Volume Information\SPP\OnlineMetadataCache\{fb3591d5-0c62-4632-bbf6-548a89810fb4}_OnDiskSnapshotProp

C:\System Volume Information\Syscache.hve

C:\System Volume Information\Syscache.hve.LOG1

C:\Users\xxxx.XXXXNT\AppData\Local

C:\Users\xxxx.XXXXNT\AppData\Local\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT

C:\Users\xxxx.XXXXNT\AppData\Local\Microsoft

C:\Users\xxxx.XXXXNT\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows

C:\Users\xxxx.XXXXNT\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History

C:\Users\xxxx.XXXXNT\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History\History.IE5

C:\Users\xxxx.XXXXNT\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History\History.IE5\MSHist012016070420160705

C:\Users\xxxx.XXXXNT\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History\History.IE5\MSHist012016070420160705\index.dat

C:\Users\xxxx.XXXXNT\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat

C:\Users\xxxx.XXXXNT\AppData\Local\Temp

C:\Users\xxxx.XXXXNT\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp52FC.tmp

C:\Users\xxxx.XXXXNT\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp530C.tmp

C:\Users\xxxx.XXXXNT\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp530D.tmp

C:\Users\xxxx.XXXXNT\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpCE6F.tmp

C:\Users\xxxx.XXXXNT\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpCE7F.tmp

C:\Users\xxxx.XXXXNT\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpCE90.tmp

C:\Users\xxxx.XXXXNT\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent

C:\Users\xxxx.XXXXNT\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CloudXplorer.lnk

C:\Users\xxxx.XXXXNT\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\Config.xml.lnk

C:\Users\xxxx.XXXXNT\ntuser.dat.LOG1

On the 'Package Files' Tab I can see the accounts.xml file

Monday, July 4, 2016 11:55 AM
  • Based on your Screenshot the File is in the Package and was not excluded. This is also confirmed by the Exclusions Report which didn't list the file either.

What makes you think it was excluded?

Monday, July 4, 2016 12:06 PM
  • When I go to 'accounts' the Account is no longer visible once published.
    Monday, July 4, 2016 12:24 PM
  • Was the Application already locally installed before on this device?

You can use ProcessMonitor to get some insights on why the App doesn't load the Configuration File.

Monday, July 4, 2016 12:29 PM
  • It was/is not installed locally.

I have tried using ProcMon but there is nothing jumping out to say why it is not being captured -  even the configuration screen says that it has. 

Monday, July 4, 2016 12:35 PM
  • I downloaded the trail and performed a quick next next sequence, configured 2 dummy accounts (google and dropbox), saved and published the package. Both accounts are visible.
    So the "before" screenshot is taken while sequencing, and the "after" on your client?

Roy Essers

Monday, July 4, 2016 10:52 PM
  • That is correct Roy.  I have also tried sequencing using Appv V4.6 sp2 but that also does not captured/display the account details when published.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 8:35 AM
  • It would appear to be a problem with the 'Azure Blobs Account' if I create an account for 'Azure Blobs Account' and another for 'Google Drive Account'  only the 'Google drive account' is being displayed after publishing. 
    Tuesday, July 5, 2016 10:51 AM
  • CloudXplorer stores the account key information in an encrypted form using either current user's key (derived from the account passwort) or current machine's master key. If you move account.xml to a different machine, CloudXplorer will ignore all those accounts, for which it is unable to decrypt the account key, which happens in your case. On the other side, Google Drive/OneDrive account don't operate with secret keys (you log in using OAuth2 and your Google/Microsoft password), this is why they will appear even if you copy account.xml to a different user profile/machine.
    • Marked as answer by Shepsy Wednesday, July 6, 2016 10:06 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 7:04 AM
  • Thank you for confirming what I already guessed the problem was.  Can you recommend any other software that I could use?

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 10:08 AM