Exchange 2010 EMC Initialization Failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

One of Our client has exchange 2010 installed. There are two mailbox server with DAG , one Hub/CAS and One Edge Transport/forefront for exchange are installed. All other server exchange management console are running fine but mailbox 1 EMC is initialization error.

The following error occurred while attempting to connect to the specified Exchange server 'mailbox1.domain.com':

The attempt to connect to http://mailbox1.domain.com/PowerShellusing "Kerberos" authentication failed: Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : Access is denied. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.

I saw the various article about this error in this forum but nothing help me solve this problem. I have checked WinRM extension is installed on this server. Also checked the time sync between AD and mailbox1 is fine.

Please specify why this problem is occur.

Monday, May 21, 2012 7:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Problem is solved now. I have uninstalled antivirus from mailbox1 then solve the problem.

Monday, May 21, 2012 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    I don't have an answer to "Why", but sometimes the error can be solved just by recycling the application pool "MSExchangePowerShellAppPool" in IIS.
    Have you tried that?

Also, see the first thred in this forum about WinRM Errors.

Martina Miskovic

Monday, May 21, 2012 7:18 AM
  • Hi,

Problem is solved now. I have uninstalled antivirus from mailbox1 then solve the problem.

Monday, May 21, 2012 7:38 AM