How to uninstall IE10 and go back to IE8 OR IE9? RRS feed

• Question

• Unable to access bank info using IE10.  Need to go back to IE8.  How do I do this?  In IE10, when I click on the bank's Go to Log-On page, all I get is a blank tab.  Under IE8 it worked.  I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.
    Friday, October 18, 2013 2:54 PM

Answers

• To uninstall Internet Explorer 10, please follow the directions below or click on this link:  How to Remove IE10 on Windows 7

First, click on the “Start” button (because you do have one unlike Windows 8 users!) and type “Programs and Features” in the search box. Click on the “View installed updates” in the left pane of the menu.  Go over to the “Uninstall an update” screen and scroll down to the “Microsoft Windows” section.  Simply select Internet Explorer 10 and click “Uninstall.”

love is rock!!!

• Proposed as answer by TK MAHATO Saturday, October 19, 2013 3:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, October 28, 2013 3:54 PM
    Saturday, October 19, 2013 3:53 PM
  • Hi VonOttenR,

Please try the following methods to solve this compatibility issue:

Method 1: Use the Compatibility View.

1. Open IE, and then click “Tools” in Toolbar
    2. Click “Compatibility View Settings” to fix sites      display problems

Method 2: View a website in IE8 mode.

1. Open IE, and click F12.
    2. Click Browser Mode: IE10.
    3. Click Internet Explorer 8.

Regards,

Lany Zhang

Saturday, October 19, 2013 3:36 PM
  • Hi,

Regarding this issue, I suggest you open the bank’s Go to Log-On page in No Add-ons mode or compatibility view first.

To uninstall IE 10, except for TK MAHATO’s advice, you can remove IE 10 with command line. Please run cmd.exe as administrator, and copy the following command to this command prompt window.

FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*10.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /norestart

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:42 PM

All replies

• Hi VonOttenR,

Please try the following methods to solve this compatibility issue:

Method 1: Use the Compatibility View.

1. Open IE, and then click “Tools” in Toolbar
    2. Click “Compatibility View Settings” to fix sites      display problems

Method 2: View a website in IE8 mode.

1. Open IE, and click F12.
    2. Click Browser Mode: IE10.
    3. Click Internet Explorer 8.

Regards,

Lany Zhang

Saturday, October 19, 2013 3:36 PM
  • To uninstall Internet Explorer 10, please follow the directions below or click on this link:  How to Remove IE10 on Windows 7

First, click on the “Start” button (because you do have one unlike Windows 8 users!) and type “Programs and Features” in the search box. Click on the “View installed updates” in the left pane of the menu.  Go over to the “Uninstall an update” screen and scroll down to the “Microsoft Windows” section.  Simply select Internet Explorer 10 and click “Uninstall.”

love is rock!!!

• Proposed as answer by TK MAHATO Saturday, October 19, 2013 3:54 PM
    Saturday, October 19, 2013 3:53 PM
  • Hi,

Regarding this issue, I suggest you open the bank’s Go to Log-On page in No Add-ons mode or compatibility view first.

To uninstall IE 10, except for TK MAHATO’s advice, you can remove IE 10 with command line. Please run cmd.exe as administrator, and copy the following command to this command prompt window.

FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*10.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /norestart

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:42 PM