none
Cannot access Project data table through Power Query / Power BI RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am currently able to access data in power bi / power query via OAuth:

https://XXXXXX.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa/_api/ProjectData

When I do this, it shows me all the available tables I can load. For example, I load 'TimesheetLines', and it loads the table. I have to sign in prior using my Organisation credentials, and this works fine.

(I have full admin right on my organisation's O365 account, with Project, and Power BI licenses)

However, when I try to load the 'Projects' table, it asks me again for credentials but then gives me an error 'The user was not authorized'.

Can anybody help? It's a big issue for us at the moment

Many thanks

Joe

Thursday, September 24, 2015 4:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

it does work, but is a little tricky. I assume there is a default field, which Power BI can just not deal with. Unfortunatley, I don't know which one. I have read about ParentProjectId, but it is definitely not to only one.

After selecting Project table, DON'T click on "Load", but on "Edit". Query editor will be displayed. Click on Choose Columns, deselect all and re-select only the ones, you really need. Click on Close and Apply and you will see your project data.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Proposed as answer by Jepa Friday, October 23, 2015 6:19 AM
    Thursday, October 8, 2015 4:39 PM
  • Thanks! That solved my problem :)
    Friday, October 23, 2015 6:20 AM