Local Continuous Replication on a Mapped Drive Shared from Another Server RRS feed

• Question

• On my Exch 2007 box, I have the First Storage Group on the default path of C and Second Storage Group on default path of C

I enabled LCR some years ago to keep a copy of both stores on the D drive, and it has been working just fine.

However, I am about out of space on the D drive, and actualy want to move the Copy to a Shared drive on another server (mapped as R)

I was able to execute a move command, but the DB remained in place.  And I was getting an error that the inspector folder coudl not be created (yet all sorts of log files were copied)

So I tried with the second storage group to simply remove the copy, which I was able to do, and re-enable, I went thru the wizard, told it I wanted to use R:\blah blah, and the process created the Second Storage Group database file in the root of where I told it, but then I got a fail on teh replication, telling me it could not create the inspector directory.

I tried to edit the permissions of the share and drive security, but to no avail.

I must be missing something rather simple... if anyone can tell me please let me know.

How do I create my copy and configure it / share to work (using a mapped drive to another server).

Thanks

J

Friday, October 8, 2010 7:04 PM

Answers