multiple Outlook instances or substitute client RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

I have Outlook 2017 installed on this PC and will not uninstall these because one of the accounts is now de-activated corporate account, and I cannot risk losing the data on that account by uninstalling.

I am running Win 10.

I want to run a second instance of an email client that downloads the emails onto my local computer.

I have tried running an earlier version of Outlook alongside 2017, but seems I must install them in sequence, so this won't help.

Outlook Express no longer exists, Windows Live Mail on Win 10 looks like a cartoonish joke, and other programs like  Thunderbird, Mailbird, etc. only seem to work when the PC is online, which I often am not.

Does anyone know 1) how can I run parallel instances of Outlook without uninstalling 2017, or 2) recommend an email client that downloads the messages from my Gmail account into the local PC so that I can use it offline?

Thanks,

Matt

Monday, September 4, 2017 3:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Matt,

If you have the latest version of Outlook installed, and you cannot uninstall it, I'm afraid installing an earlier version of Outlook is not an option. Moreover, we can not run parallel instances of Outlook with different mail profiles.

Is there any restriction that you cannot set up your Gmail account within the same profile with your corporate account? Maybe you can also consider to set up the Gmail account on your mobile phone.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Steve Fan Tuesday, September 5, 2017 3:25 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, September 7, 2017 9:57 AM
    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 3:24 AM