none
Outlook 2010 Overlay View Crashes Outlook

Question

• I have a user who has shared calendars as well as 2 local calendars.

If the user, by default, has a shared calendar and both of his 2 local calendars set to open in overlay mode when clicking the calendar button it crashes outlook.  If you take one of the overlay's off and open the program calendar's pops up fine.  

I've tried starting in safe mode (still crashes)

/cleanviews (still crashes)

/cleansubscriptions (still crashes)

recreated profile (still crashes)

repairing office (still crashes)

repairing pst via scanpst (still crashes)

moved/renamed ost file and reopened outlook so it would create a clean one (still crashes)

it only does this when in "Work Week" or "Week" views.  If you have Month/Day/Schedule view as default they won't crash outlook

I'm at a loss at this point and don't know where to go next.  I'm sure there are other solutions I have tried as well but I've been working on this for a few days now.  

• Edited by Scott Bilich Tuesday, April 18, 2017 2:05 PM added information
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Scott,

>>  If you take one of the overlay's off and open the program calendar's pops up fine.  

Which calendar did you take off?
    Will Outlook crash when there is no shared calendar involved?

Please try starting Outlook with /resetnavpane switch and check if this will fix the issue.

It is also suggested to have a look at the Event Viewer to see if anything useful was recorded out there.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 9:16 AM