none
Internet Explorer 9 - Message bar problems, How do I turn this off? RRS feed

• Question

• The message bar that frequently shows up at the bottom of Internet Explorer 9 is driving me crazy.  The message bar pops up constantly with a wide variety of messages that are just plain annoying.

I finally got the "slow page load" message to stop, however a new one seems to have taken its place - The "Recover web page" message.

When a webpage fails to load, the message bar pops up telling me "the page failed to load" - kind of unnecessary, in that I can see the page did not load.  This message is accompanied by a button with a "Recover web page" message.  Pressing this button seems to have no other affect than to reload the page - which of course does not work.  This message bar seems to do nothing more than to state the obvious.

Another issue, is the Download version of the message bar.  In the past, the file download simply when to the last selected folder.  Now you have to select "Save As" form a drop-down in the message bar, then go through the normal file save routine.  Then you have to close the message bar.

How can I turn of the message bar or disable it permanently?  I want it gone, never to return!

Monday, August 12, 2013 4:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Greg,

If you are receiving an excessive amount of "Recover web page" messages... this indicates that one or more of your IE addons is incompatible with your version of IE and Windows.

Perhaps it could even be an Addon from your AV product (Avast? Malabytes?)

try

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab, uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions"

Close and restart ALL ie windows for the full changes to take affect.

If that still does not stop the problem, restart windows in Safe Mode with Networking... If starting windows in Safe Mode solves the problem then it is more than likely caused by your AV Product, (which is starting an IE addon process in your windows startup).

For consumer questions about IE select the Help>Online Support menu from IE and follow the prompts for your windows and IE versions.

Include in your questions any websites you are having issues with (this may give clues as to which addon may be causing the problem), the full contents of any messages you receive, and your anit-virus product (if any).

this forum is for questions about IEAK and GPO for System Administrators and Company Help Desks.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:15 AM
  • Hi,

Regarding how to disable the message bar, I would like suggest you try the solution from the link below about a similar case:

Internet Explorer 9 - Disable the Message Bar at the Bottom of Screen

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_7/internet-explorer-9-disable-the-message-bar-at-the/cf13ec82-6da8-4dd4-b4c8-bd7c27bd1de4

Regards,

Kelvin_Hsu

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:53 AM