Dell Vostro V3 says - "Address a Problem with ST Micro Screen Detection Sensor" RRS feed

• Question

• Dears,

I purchased a Dell Vostro V3 back a week in which I have installed Windows 7 Home Basic. After a day day solve PC issues flaaged up saying "Address a problem with ST Micro Screen Detection sensor" and security maintenance saying " This problem was caused by a Compatibility Issue betwwen ST Micro Screen Detection Sensor and this version of Windows". Kindly advise needful..

Regards,,,

SANJAYA KUMAR ROUT

India

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Sanjaya,

According to my research, this problem is possibly caused by installing the wrong driver during windows updates. As this ST Micro ScreenDetection Sensor driver is installed, Dell’s FreeFall application gives the wrong message. Please refer to the following:

1. Open Device Manager > System Device, to check if you have ‘ST Micro ScreenDetection Sensor’ listed (It should be ST Micro Accelerometer.)

2. Open Control Panel > FreeFall Data Protection, if it fails or you get error message, the wrong driver could be installed.

3. Download the ST Microelectronic Driver http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=gen&c=us&l=en&cs=&k=st+microelectronics+de351dl+motion+sensor&cat=sup&ref=ac 

4. Running this will remove the existing FreeFall Data Protection application first, and then ask you to re-boot. After re-boot, the application would be re-installed.

5. Check the steps 1 and 2 to see if they’re correct.

Moreover, in order to avoid the wrong update, please open the Windows Update, and right-click ‘ST Microelectronics – Other Hardware – ST Micro ScreenDetection Sensor Driver’, choose ‘hide the update’.

Hope it can help you!

Best regards,

Miya Yao

Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Sanjaya,

According to my research, this problem is possibly caused by installing the wrong driver during windows updates. As this ST Micro ScreenDetection Sensor driver is installed, Dell’s FreeFall application gives the wrong message. Please refer to the following:

1. Open Device Manager > System Device, to check if you have ‘ST Micro ScreenDetection Sensor’ listed (It should be ST Micro Accelerometer.)

2. Open Control Panel > FreeFall Data Protection, if it fails or you get error message, the wrong driver could be installed.

3. Download the ST Microelectronic Driver http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=gen&c=us&l=en&cs=&k=st+microelectronics+de351dl+motion+sensor&cat=sup&ref=ac 

4. Running this will remove the existing FreeFall Data Protection application first, and then ask you to re-boot. After re-boot, the application would be re-installed.

5. Check the steps 1 and 2 to see if they’re correct.

Moreover, in order to avoid the wrong update, please open the Windows Update, and right-click ‘ST Microelectronics – Other Hardware – ST Micro ScreenDetection Sensor Driver’, choose ‘hide the update’.

Hope it can help you!

Best regards,

Miya Yao

Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:13 AM
  • sir i m facing this problem as well and also its shows mass storage controlleras well with Address a problem with ST Micro Screen Detection Sensor.and also my microphone is aslo not detectable its shows that micro phone is unpluced.........what should i do to fix it........... ur reply will be apprecitable

waqasahm@hotmail.com

i m using dell latitudeE5420 and i jst install a new windows 7
    • Edited by waqasahm Monday, March 12, 2012 9:41 AM
    Monday, March 12, 2012 9:39 AM