I keep getting this error: Coundn't sent mail because of MAPI failure: "unspecified error" RRS feed

• Question

• When I export a report into word and then try to send the document straight to an email recipient in outlook 2010, I keep getting the Coundn't sent mail because of MAPI failure: "unspecified error". I have already closed outlook and word and restarted them, but it does not fix the problem. The only way that I can send the document to an email recipient, is to save the document on my computer and then go into outlook and insert it as an attachment. Does anybody have a fix for this? I can't find any other resolutions other than the ones saying to restart the programs and retry.
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:35 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please test "Send as Attachment" test this issue, Click File -> Save and Send -> Send as Attachment.

If you get similar error, please try to install hotfix: Word-x-none.msp, Kb2428677-x-none.msp http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2597054

Also test in Safe Mode, follow these steps:

Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run > Type the following command in the open box and press Enter.

winword /safe

If word safe works as expected, this issue might be related to some third-party add-ins in the Office program, we can try to disable them. Normally, you could do the following to disable the conflict add-ins in your Word program:

1. Click File menu, click OptionsAdd-ins, click Go button in the Manage: COM Add-ins.
     2. Check if there has any add-ins, clear the checkbox to disable them.
     3. Close the Microsoft Word and restart it.
     4. Add one check back each time to the list of Add-In, restart Microsoft Word, and repeat the above procedure. Once the issue reappears again, we can determine which add-in causes this problem and then disable it.

Best regards.

William Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:31 AM