none
DPM 2010 agent install error 313 / 0x80070643 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

i am having an issue installing DPM 2010  protection agent onto a windows 2008r2 server core. when installing from the administrator Console it fails with the following error message

Install protection agent on buzz.local failed:
    Error 313: The agent operation failed because an error occurred while running the installation program on buzz.local.
    Error details: Fatal error during installation (0x80070643)
    Recommended action: Review the log files on buzz.local: [windir]\temp\msdpm*.log and take appropriate action. Retry the operation, and if the error persists, restart the computer and then retry the operation again.

If i follow the obvious route of installing manually, when i get the error message of

protection agent already present

Check log files in [WINDIR]Temp\MSDPM*LOG

press enter key to close the window

This would indicate that the agent IS installed so i tried to attaching using -setdpmserver in cmd and attach-productionserver.ps1 on DPM powershell, both of which worked until the information was refreshed withing the DPM console - it reported that the agent is not installled on the production server.

having removed all traces of DPM from the production server and rebooted, any time i try to install the agent either manually or through the console, it fails with the same errors.

i have checked the permissions in Tasks, there is no DPM record in the registry and it is not a firewall issue

the error message in the log file (MSDPMAgentBootstrap0Curr.errlog) is

updpmfltr.cpp(406)    WARNING    Failed: Hr: = [0x00000000] UnloadDPMFilter failed, ignoring this error

Any help would be gratefully received

David

• Moved by MarcReynolds Thursday, December 1, 2011 3:18 PM (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 9:35 AM

Answers

• Hi David,

Try to delete the DPM values in the registry before you try to install the agent again. Delete the registry key @ HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager and try the installation again.

Please post information regarding your progress.

Best Regards

Robert Hedblom

MVP DPM

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 15, 2011 10:11 AM
  • Hi David,

Try to uninstall a protection agent locally from the command prompt: Msiexec /x {72BF00D8-53E0-1539-F523-4347082BCC11}

My DPM blog ystartsev.wordpress.com
    Friday, December 16, 2011 8:05 AM

All replies

• Hi David,

Try to delete the DPM values in the registry before you try to install the agent again. Delete the registry key @ HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager and try the installation again.

Please post information regarding your progress.

Best Regards

Robert Hedblom

MVP DPM

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 15, 2011 10:11 AM
  • Hi David,

Try to uninstall a protection agent locally from the command prompt: Msiexec /x {72BF00D8-53E0-1539-F523-4347082BCC11}

My DPM blog ystartsev.wordpress.com
    Friday, December 16, 2011 8:05 AM