none
licensing windows server 2019 essentials from a trial copy RRS feed

• Question

• This is a really dumb question.

So we've installed the trial version of windows server 2019 essentials and have over 100 days left but how do we upgrade it to remove the trail? I'd have thought there would be a "buy now" button to click, load up a Microsoft site, enter credit card details and it's done! But it doesn't appear that way. 

Do we have to buy a license from a third party and then enter that in? What 3rd party do I trust? Once the code has been entered and validated (I presume), everything carries on running without any issues? Just seems a little odd that I can't find anything on this subject.

(Oh and what's the cost? It has the price in US dollars only, I'm hoping Microsoft knows it sells to the rest of the world too.)

Monday, August 12, 2019 10:13 AM

All replies

• May want to consider your decision to go with Essentials, seeing that it is deprecated - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-essentials/get-started/what-s-new-19

If you still want to purchase the deprecated product, you can go to Amazon or MyChoice or any other Microsoft partner.  Microsoft deals with resellers to address the marketplace, so you need to find a reseller with whom you are comfortable.

And you have to find a reseller for your country because technical support forums like this do not deal in prices.

tim

Monday, August 12, 2019 12:49 PM
  • HI
    HI
    1 the price of windows server 2019 essentials retail version is $559 .we can chart the expert first and buy it from below microsoft official website.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/cart
    2 how do we upgrade it to remove the trail?
    we can enter below command in command prompt(open as admin) to convert evaluation version to full retail version .
    dism /online /set-edition:ServerEssentials /productkey:xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx /accepteula
    In an elevated prompt type the following to activate server essentials 2019:
    slmgr /ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
    slmgr /ato

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 12, 2019 3:17 PM
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:25 AM