Outlook not able download mails but mobile device can RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My outlook 2010 cannot able to download mails, but my mobile device is able to receive mails. I checked everything on outlook settings, bit nothing is changed, all settings are correct. I even recreated the profile, but of no use. I'm able to receive mail on iPhone/ActiveSync on my mobile device.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Rajneesh Kumar MCITP - SA, MCSE, CNA

• Edited by Pinto Tuesday, September 9, 2014 7:23 AM
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 7:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Does the issue only happen to one user? Please check whether you can access the mailbox from OWA and Outlook Online mode (uncheck Use Exchange Cached mode).

If the problematic user can access mailbox from OWA but not Outlook neither in Cached mode nor Online mode, please check whether the MAPI is enabled for client accessing in Exchange:

Get-CASMailbox User1 | fl Identity,*MAPI*

If MAPIEnabled is set to false, please run the following command to enable it:

Set-CASMailbox -Identity User1 -MAPIEnabled $True

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 6:43 AM

All replies

• Hi

Is this an exchange account or pop account setup in outlook?

are emails not moving to a folder with a rule setup in outlook? What errors occur?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 8:10 AM
  • It is an Exchange mailbox, and there is no any rule is configured. Neither it is going to Inbox and any of the inbox's folder. only general error message comes "Remote Server is not accessible".

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 8:41 AM
  • Hi,

Does the issue only happen to one user? Please check whether you can access the mailbox from OWA and Outlook Online mode (uncheck Use Exchange Cached mode).

If the problematic user can access mailbox from OWA but not Outlook neither in Cached mode nor Online mode, please check whether the MAPI is enabled for client accessing in Exchange:

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 6:43 AM
  • Hi,

I chkd, and OWA is working for the user. Before coming to this forum, already tried with online mode/cached mode, but the result is same. I even tried it on different systems for same user, and also went extreme and re-install the outlook :), still it did not work.

The problem is that it is happening with only one user.

Thanks

Friday, September 12, 2014 5:38 AM
  • If the problematic user can access mailbox from OWA but not Outlook neither in Cached mode nor Online mode, please check whether the MAPI is enabled for client accessing in Exchange:

Please check about this.

Winnie Liang

Monday, September 22, 2014 2:38 AM
  • Thanks, Let me chk with this option, come back with the result.

Thanks

Monday, September 22, 2014 5:22 AM
  • Hi Rajneesh,

Any updates?

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:14 AM
  • Hi Winnie,

I checked it is enabled for the user, also now few other users are reporting this issue. I chkd these with other users setting, all the settings are fine and enabled.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:08 PM
  • Hi,

Please move this problematic user's mailbox to another database. Then create a new Outlook for this mailbox to have a try.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Thursday, September 25, 2014 12:27 PM
  • Hi,

I've tried this option also, but of no luck. Any other option do I need to try?

Thanks

Monday, September 29, 2014 5:11 AM
  • Hi ,

As per my knowledge ,It seems like an network connectivity issue .

Please try to do the below mentioned test in the problematic clients.

1.Test email configuration

2.Then check the connection status in outlook.

3.Please enable the logging in outlook and check is there any errors coming is related to your issue 

Same time please tell on which action you are facing an error "Remote Server is not accessible".

Please reply me if you have any queries.

Regards

S.Nithyanandham

Thanks S.Nithyanandham

Monday, September 29, 2014 5:31 AM