none
how to update the lastlogontimestamp? What exactly triggers the update of the LastLogonTimeStamp?

Question

• I have a batch script in AD, looking for users with no logon detected in the last 120 days.

the command line, based on another script to check the LastLogonTimeStamp 

... Get-ADUser -Filter {LastLogonTimeStamp -lt $time -and enabled -eq $true} ...

... for /f "delims=" %%f in (%OUTPUTCSVFILE%) do dsmod user %%f -disabled yes ...

Running on a WIn2008R2 DC, every day

But i have several users outside of the company and they rearely are inside the company, the´re reading Office65 E-Mail but not using other systems integrated with AD, so, these users got disabled after the 120-day period

One of the solutions: if Office365 could send info to AD regarding the LastLogonTimeStamp, i don´t think is feasible now

Another: Ask user to connecto to VPN from time to time to update the  LastLogonTimeStamp

Besides VPN integrated with my AD, there are another ways to update the LastLogonTimeStamp?

For instance, i have sharepoint a LOB app (in-house development) and a TS/RDP deployment, all avalable in Internet via https, these applications could be use too, to update the LastLogonTimeStamp

What exactly triggers the update of the LastLogonTimeStamp?

Thursday, April 6, 2017 5:06 PM

Answers

All replies