none
MS Project 2010 Standard vs 2010 Professional RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone give me a quick comparison of the feature differences between Project 2010 Standard and Professional. I am trying to justify the Pro version.

Thanks,

CharlieJo

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 7:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• To answer your questions as posed, yes we can.

*You* can if you search Google for "project professional vs standard" which amongst other links, points you to https://products.office.com/en-gb/project/compare-microsoft-project-management-software

--rms www.rmschneider.com

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:19 PM
  • Thanks Rob.  Was hoping to get a little more detailed information.  Such as, I know the Professional version has the "inactive" tasks which allows easy what if exercises.

I guess I should have been more specific in my question as we will not be using Pro with server.  At least not in the short term.  So I just need to know what I get out of the box with MSP 2010 Pro vs Standard.  Both desktop versions.

Thanks,

CharlieJo

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 1:44 PM
  • Inactive tasks and I think team planner. I've never found team planner useful except with projects with few tasks, but inactive tasks are useful but not worth the cash difference. Otherwise Pro is all about Project Server and some extra SharePoint integration.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

• Marked as answer by CharlieJolene Thursday, June 23, 2016 12:39 PM
    Thursday, June 23, 2016 1:34 AM
  • Thanks Rod.
    Thursday, June 23, 2016 12:39 PM