active upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

my question is regarding active upgrade or side by side update of a virtual application. What we want to do is to only update a sft file on a lightway server and all streaming clients are automaticaly stream the latest version of the same application.
    To make this runing I need to create 2 seperated packages, wheras the second package is an upgrade of the first package and deleted all older applications from the upgrade package.
    My intention is that now all connected clients are allways streaming the newer version even their osd file point to the older sft file.
    Is this the correct way to a side by side update?

During seqencing upgrade I have noitced that it is also possible to leave the older version inside the package, that means that multiple versions of the same application are located in one sft file, I suppose when doing this you cannot have side by side update. All connected cliensta are exactly streaming the version they have in their ceratin osd files
    Is this correct?

many thanks,
    Achim

RECAC01
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 9:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• is noone able to answer this question? Or is this wrong forum side?
    Regards,
    Achim

RECAC01
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 12:27 PM
    • Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, September 17, 2009 10:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by AchimR Thursday, September 17, 2009 11:17 AM
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:38 PM
  • many thanks for the link, I understand now the differences between active upgrade, new application and application branch.
    I dont think that any of the above methodes supports the side by side update. This means that an upgrade of a certain application is copied to the content directory (sft file) and all connected clients are 
    now streaming the newer version even their osd file point to the older sft file. That means you only need to update the new version on the server but dont need todo anything on the clients.

Regards,
    Achim

RECAC01
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:56 AM