How do I display the VM Host Name ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently started migrating our Hyper-V hosts from SCVMM 2008 to SCVMM 2012. My end users were using the Self Service Portal but are now using the APP Controller portal as it replaces the SSP, but I cannot see how to display the name of the Host for a VM ?
    Monday, November 25, 2013 5:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Martyn,

The 24 hour support team should use the VMM Console. This will let them see the host a virtual machine is running on and also whether the host is currently responding. In situations where a host is not responding they would also be able to see all of the other affected virtual machines.

Kind Regards,

Richard

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, January 6, 2014 6:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Martyn,

App Controller does not show the name of the Hyper-V host that is running a virtual machine, but instead shows the cloud that the virtual machine is running in.

Is there particular functionality your end users are missing that requires them to see the Hyper-V host name?

Kind Regards,

Richard

Saturday, January 4, 2014 12:42 AM
  • I do not have more knowledge about VM host but i will meet next time with good knowledge.
    Monday, January 6, 2014 6:35 AM
  • Yes, my user group is a 24hr support team and when a VM shows an error in the Portal they would want to check the Host it is running on but how do they tell which host it is on ?
    Monday, January 6, 2014 9:43 AM
  • Hi Martyn,

The 24 hour support team should use the VMM Console. This will let them see the host a virtual machine is running on and also whether the host is currently responding. In situations where a host is not responding they would also be able to see all of the other affected virtual machines.

Kind Regards,

Richard

Monday, January 6, 2014 6:09 PM