none
"Assertion Failed" Message When Navigating to Approval Center RRS feed

• Question

• OK, this one's kicking my you-know-what.

I've a couple users (not all) that get the infamous "Assertion Failed" dialog message, and in this case, it's when they navigate to the Approval Center (pwa\approvals.aspx).  It happens relatively quickly.  The "waiting/processing" image circles, and then *poof* pops up the message box.

In looking through the ULS, I see entries for the request to the relevant page.  The only HIGH related item in the ULS log is an entry for "An SPRequest object was not disposed before the end of this thread".

There's nothing custom going on in this scenario, it occurs the second a person clicks the Approval Center link.

The question I have is: what are some (any?) of the reasons that cause this?  I been bing-ing all over and can't find anything specific as to what might be the root cause.  Is it just when the Queues take too long?  Is it a server resource issue?  I'm kinda at a loss here.

If anyone can shed some light as to what "things" can cause this to happen, I'd love that feedback.

Thanks! - M

Add'l info: Project Server 2010 SP2

Michael Mukalian | Jan 2010 - Dec 2010 MVP SharePoint Services | MCTS: MOSS 2007 Configuration | http://www.mukalian.com/blog

Thursday, August 1, 2013 4:44 PM

All replies

• Dear Michael,

I have the exact same issue, did you find a solution for it yet? If so please share it with us.

Kind Regards,

Hazem Elshabini

Hazem Elshabini

Monday, September 2, 2013 12:28 AM
  • I have resolved the issue by applying the October 2013 Cumulative Update for Project Server.

After a couple of weeks of working without any problem, the issue came back on both Approval Center and Project Center for a certain user.

Appreciate if someone cal shed some light on this!

Hazem Elshabini

Thursday, November 28, 2013 12:59 AM