none
Cannot Startup Windows - No Bitlocker Recovery Key RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Support,

I have a disk divided into 2 partitions and enabled Bitlocker. I have Bitlocker recovery key on the first partition (installed Windows 7) but do not have key on the second partition. When I turn on computer, it always ask me input Bitlocker recovery key for these 2 partitions. I cannot startup computer to Windows. Could you please help?

Newson

Monday, June 29, 2020 7:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Newson,

I do not understand your question clearly. Have you encrypted both of your partitions and lost the key of the second partition?

And please provide the screenshot for us to confirm the issue.

Best regard,

Sylvia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 6:17 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best regard,

Sylvia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, July 2, 2020 2:55 AM
  • Hi Sylvia,

Yes, both partitions were encrypted.

When I startup computer, it requests me input Bitlocker recovery keys.

I do not have second partition Bitlocker recovery key, the computer cannot startup Windows.

I want to insert the screenshot but cannot. It said "Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account".

Please advise.

Best regards,
    Newson

Thursday, July 2, 2020 6:18 AM
  • Hi newson,

When you activate BitLocker, the encryption will not begin until the key is stored somewhere.

Have you try the methods below to find your bitlocker key?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4530477/windows-10-finding-your-bitlocker-recovery-key

If you still cannot find the BitLocker recovery key, you will need to reset your device

Resetting the device will delete all files. But if you do not have a backup before replacement, you have to reset it.

Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Best regards,

Sylvia

Friday, July 3, 2020 8:24 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best regard,

Sylvia

Monday, July 6, 2020 7:39 AM