none
Milestones that do not have a zero duration RRS feed

• Question

• I have been told that a Milestone within project can be a span of days.  I have always been told that it was zero days.  I saw some information that said you could set a Milestone to a span of days but you had to do it in Project Professional.  Is this possible in both PWA and Project Pro or just Project Pro?

Cletus51

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 3:26 PM

Answers

• Cletus51,

Yes, technically you can mark any task as a milestone. You have to do this in project pro. It is not possible in PWA.

To do this, you Navigate to Task Information Page >> Advanced and then check the box for "Mark this task as Milestone".

However, I have to say that I always found this approach confusing. Doing it this way, changes the Gantt chart to show the task as a Milestone, when it is actually a task with duration. In most cases, the requester is thinking of 'Deliverable", when they ask for this setting. In those cases, I generally go the route of creating a task level custom field, to "tag" the task as a Major Deliverable r minor or any other nomenclature the Client wishes to use. It is a lot more cleaner and makes more sense IMO.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 3:52 PM