OFFICE 2010x64 bit sequencing- Excel only RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to sequence MS OFFICE 2010 x64 on a 64 bit sequencer with only Excel as the application.Rest of the applications has been disable at the time of the sequencing.

I have to sequence power pivot add-in with excel 2010 (64 bit). So for sequencing Power Pivot, I am installing the virtual MS OFFICE 2010 x64 locally on the sequencer machine. package installed with a success. But when I am launching the Excel app before starting the sequencing of the Power Pivot add-in i am getting the following error:-

Can some one suggest why I am facing the issue. Why I am missing that DLL file. I have followed the best practice documentation by microsoft inspite of the fact that I am sequencing only the EXCEL app with the OFFICE 2010 package. Rest apps had been disabled.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983462

http://www.softgridblog.com/?p=153

I have also checked for the change in the registry key needed for sequencing MS OFFICE 2010x64.

Gaurav Ranjan

Monday, March 19, 2012 6:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Your post is missing the error.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, March 19, 2012 7:56 AM
  • Oh I m sorry for that. Actually I posted the screen shot but some how it wasn't . Here is the error message:-

"One of your object library (VBE7.dll ) is missing or damaged. Please run setup to install it". I encountered this error when I installed the virtualized package of OFFICE 2010 x64(Excel only) on the sequencer machine and launching the Excel.

Gaurav Ranjan

Monday, March 19, 2012 10:26 AM
  • Hello,

Full software packages are not supported as secondary packages. I am assuming that you are creating your plugin-package that contains as the primary application - which is not supported. Make the plugin-package the secondary package and hopefully it should work

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Monday, March 19, 2012 10:34 AM
  • Sequence Office 2010 - x64 and then revert back your sequencer machine to clean state.

Install Office 2010 locally on the sequencer machine, and install it on the same directory structure (Q:\Off2010.x64) as it was during sequencing. After that you can sequence Powerpivot.

Thanks Chandan

Monday, March 19, 2012 5:26 PM
  • Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:17 PM