Outlook 2007 Time ahead by 1 hour RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have Office 2007 installed on Windows Vista Business. Both are updated with their respective Service Packs.  I use Outlook with POP3 email hosted by USA.net.  I migrated my Outlook PST file that I created on Outlook 2003.  When I sync with Blackberry the calendar items show up on my device 1 hour ahead of what's displayed on Outlook.  This was never an issue with a Palm Centro I had before the Blackberry. So in digging around I went to Outlook -> Tools -> Calendar Options -> Time Zone. It shows the correct time zone of my OS but the time is 1 hour ahead with the DST box checked. When I uncheck the DST box, the clock time becomes correct. As soon as click Ok, the OS/system time goes back 1 hour. I am stuck and unable to resolve this issue. I have installed the DST fix from Microsoft, I used the tzmove.eve, the Outlook DST fix. Need help bad, It is very difficult not to have a portable Calendar reminder.

Thanks for any one that can help.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:32 AM

Answers

• I have gone through all of the documentation, fixes, DST tool for Outlook etc from this article. I don't experience this issue on another machine configured similar.  I have uninstalled Office 2007 and re-installed it fresh.  IT seems like Outlook recognizes the DST setting but it recognizes the time 1 hour ahead...does that make sense.

Thanks

Paul

Thursday, July 24, 2008 3:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Now please first refer to the below article to better understand this issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/dst_hottopics

Thanks

Allen

Thursday, July 24, 2008 3:39 AM
  • I have gone through all of the documentation, fixes, DST tool for Outlook etc from this article. I don't experience this issue on another machine configured similar.  I have uninstalled Office 2007 and re-installed it fresh.  IT seems like Outlook recognizes the DST setting but it recognizes the time 1 hour ahead...does that make sense.

Thanks

Paul

Thursday, July 24, 2008 3:50 AM