Windows Media Center Video Error RRS feed

• Question

• When playing videos in media center at random intervals I get and error messages saying, “Files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly. Please Restart Windows Media Center or Restart the Computer”  Neither of these two options help.

I have a Radeon X1800 Series video card with 64 bit AMD drivers right off the web site https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/7-4_vista64_dd_ccc_enu_44985.exe

Any help in figuring out this problem would be appreciated! Thanks James.

Friday, April 20, 2007 12:46 AM

All replies

• I have the same problem playing video/watching tv (all the sudden) using Windows Media Center.  I have an Radeon X300 SE 128MB HyperMemory video card.  I receive a total of 4 error messages (in this order). 

1 (Critical Process Failure) A critical media center process has unexpectedly failed.  If the problems persist, please restart your machine and try again, or contact your technical support.  Code: 3  (Click OK)

2(Cannot Load Files) Some of the files needed to play radio or video are missing or corrupt.  Try restarting the computer (click OK)

3(ehshell.exe - common language runtime debugging services) Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.  Process id=0x108c, thred id=0x14f0 (5360).  Click Ok to terminate the application.  Click Cancel to debug the application.

4(Register JIT debugger is not available) An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2(2).  Please check computer settings.  cordbg.exe !aox108c . Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually.  Click Cancel to abort the JIT debug request.

What can I do to get my video/tv working in my media center?  Does anyone know?  My system restore does not work either(since I got my pc) so I can't  use it to solve the problem.

Thanks loosenup

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 6:41 AM
  • I have the same problem after having to reinstall the entire Windows Media Center Operating System on my 2003 Gateway Media Center Edition computer.  I've never been able to get the TV to work... I have the Hauppaguge PCI PVR II TV card.

SOMEBODY IN TECH SUPPORT PLEASE PROVIDE SOME TECH SUPPORT AND ANSWER THIS PLEASE!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:16 AM
  •  

I'm having a problem with MCE 2005.  Worked fine up until computer was infected with Adware...clean everything up...everything else working fine.  I too have the Hauppage TV Card for MCE...worked fine...(note: when I first installed worked with Hauppage - cause it wouldn't work no matter what I did...here they told me...you have to shut down all your anti virus/security software before u install the drivers...after that...everything worked fine up until I cleaned the pc with ADaware, Norton, and Spydoctor.  I get the following error message when trying to launch -

ehshell.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0xc44(3140), Thread id=0xcf8(3320).

I found directions to try a debugging and also uninstalled the most recent update..still does not work.  Any direction would be greatly appreciated...going to try and reinstall all the update that are outstanding for windows.  thanks. Lisa

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 10:11 PM