SCSM 2012 Self Service Portal Date/Time RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am sure this might have been asked before but I cannot find a fix for this anywhere, my question is this:

On a Service Request with the date and time option set for user input so that I can set the "Scheduled Start Date" and "Scheduled End Date", it only shows the Date that can be selected not the time. Once the user has selected the required dates then I create a CR from the SR using Orchestrator but the CR then has the correct dates but the time is 12:00.

I would like to know if there is a way using Orchestrator to set the time or have the time as an option in the SSP portal so that the user can select the time required as well ?

I have seen that there is a apparent "bug" where the time cannot be set and that Silverlight only shows the date and not the time, but I am sure there might be someone that might have gotten around this ?

If so please could someone give me details on how they accomplished this, would I need to maybe extend a class to be able to show the time, if so how would I do this.

Thanks

Monday, January 20, 2014 3:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can try to add 2 fields on your portal form :

• Hours (simple list 1 to 24)
    • Minutes (simple list 00 to 59)

This 2 fields can be transmit directly to your Orchestrator RB (like parameters).

You can rebuilt the full date/time with Orchestrator to add this informations to your CR.

Remy BOVI

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8:52 AM
  • Hi Remy

I was thinking of doing that, my only concern is that when doing that there will be one row for hours and one for minutes, so 4 in total, 2 for "Scheduled Start Date Time" and 2 for "Scheduled End Date Time" wouldn't there be ?

Thanks

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:02 AM
  • Yes I understand, but it's the only way to do the job :)

Remy BOVI

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:53 AM