Polycom CX700 V1.0.197 cannot be upgrade? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a CX700 (phone edition V1.0.197) for testing. it can work ,but cannot be upgrade,even if put it in test devices. ocs server and sus settings and sps site all ok, but the upgrade log is empty.

how can i do... ?

• Moved by Matt Sousa - MSFT Thursday, December 17, 2009 11:10 PM forum migration (From:Telephony)
    Wednesday, January 30, 2008 12:59 AM

All replies

• The device running build 197 can't use the RTM Update Server. My advice is to ask whoever provided the device to you for a new device running RTM build.

best regards

Jens

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 4:52 PM
  • Is it possible to upgrade these devices any other way? Maybe if I could update the firmware to a different version, I would be able to then update the device using my SUS server?

Surely my old Tanjay is not destined for the bin?

Friday, April 11, 2008 2:06 PM
  •  

Did you ever find a way to upgrade?  We have 10 OCPE running 1.0.199 and don't appear to want to upgrade firmware either.
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 5:06 PM
  •  

Nevermind, ours decided to upgrade after about the fourteenth reboot.
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 7:26 PM
  •  We are having the same trouble with devices running 1.0.199.. they won't update. We have followed the instructions by the letter and we have verified that all the various URLs are working with the appropriate permissions, but it appears that the phone never even tries to contact the update server.

We know that the phone has received the settings becuase we do see this in the Tanjay log files:

<updatesServerInternalUrl>https://RTCPoolOCS01.americas.bmw.corp/RequestHandler</updatesServerInternalUrl>

<updatesServerEnabled>true</updatesServerEnabled>

Does anybody know what we have to do to get the devics to actually start the upgrade?

Thanks,
    Rob

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:35 PM
  • Were you ever able to fix the issue? The same firmware is causing me headaches with OCS R2.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:11 AM
  • Did you allow this version in OCS R2 Filtering Tool?
    MCP, MCSA, MCSE 2003
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 2:48 PM
  • I had to manually install the certificate chain on mine to get it to upgrade from 1.0.199.  Total PITA.
    Monday, November 2, 2009 10:45 PM
  • When you get to the login screen try using the fully qualified domain name for the domain, for example: ocsdomain.microsoft.com\administrator and your password. I was having the same issue and logged in using that address, after a few mins the phone would download and reboot reinstall the latest build, if you're running an older version it will install an interim one.

You may or may not need a wins server with a dedicated UCUPdates entry in it.

Habib
    Friday, November 13, 2009 7:12 PM