Vista doesn't recognize my HDTV.... RRS feed

• Question

• I was able to install the Geforce Vista driver (88.61). I'm using a Geforce 6800 adapter.  The problem is I have my widescreen tv connected to the DVI port and also have a flat panel display connected to the RGB port.  When the computer starts to boot into Vista it see's both displays but as soon as I log in the widescreen goes black and the flat panel works.  I've tried everything.  Even when I usedd the Geforce driver that came with Vista I would get a error msg. saying that the driver was made for a previous version of Windows and go into the default VGA driver which is unacceptable. I can't tell whether this s a Vista problem or an Nvidia problem.......
    Monday, July 10, 2006 4:00 PM

All replies

• hi,

my lg rz-32lz55 (lcd hdtv) is`nt detected either. windows thinks its a generic pnp monitor with a max res of 1280x1024. even if i set the driver to a digital flat panel with max res of 1360x768 display properties still wont let me set the res to 1360x768 it still thinks its 1280x1024. it works fine in xp.

i am running vista rc1 in a amd fx-55 system with 1 gig of ram and a g-force 7800 gs

the nvidia display properties wont let me get at any of the hdtv settings either.

i have sent nvidia a mail with the same info.

daniel

Wednesday, November 8, 2006 6:51 PM