none
Publish-AppVClientPackage -global

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to Publish App-v Pacakge  Global. ... Its not being Publish globally and gives error and asks to check App-V Client event log which has no information. Following is Error any help?

Thanks ERROR DETAIL is as under

PS C:\Users\> Add-AppvClientPackage -Path "Office2010ProPlusSP2.appv" | Publish-AppvClientPackage -Global
    Publish-AppvClientPackage : Application Virtualization Service failed to complete requested operation.
    Operation attempted: Publish AppV Package.
    AppV Error Code: 0100100003.
    Error module: Integration Manager. Internal error detail: 89F00F0100100003.
    Please consult AppV Client Event Log for more details.
    At line:1 char:135
    + ... lusSP2.appv" | Publish-AppvClientPackage -Global
    +                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidResult: (:) [Publish-AppvClientPackage], ClientException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PublishPackageError,Microsoft.AppV.AppvClientPowerShell.PublishAppvPackage

Monday, November 18, 2013 3:54 PM

All replies

• Having exactly the same problem! let me know if you get anywhere. I was able to publish the same package to a user, but I cant get it to package globally
    Monday, November 18, 2013 4:40 PM
  • Does the issue occur with other packages?

Have you tested the Office 2010 package NOT published globally?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Monday, November 18, 2013 5:24 PM
  • No its not happening to any other package ...

I also tested just publishing to user More precisely per User publishing works, not Global.

Just to clear ... I am using Standalone Publishing.

Monday, November 18, 2013 5:39 PM
  • Try recreating the package to confirm whether there's an issue with the package itself.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Monday, November 18, 2013 5:48 PM
  • Tried it on 3 Different packages of Office2010. Actually I am working here on Office2010SP2

Office 2010 App-V package works fine. In that I am having issue with outlook connectivity to add new account it fails.

But when I sequence with SP2 I get above error. outlook and everything works ... no issues other than publish globally

I have tried 3 different sequences ... so I tested three App-V packages for Office 2010 SP2 All doing same....

Monday, November 18, 2013 5:52 PM
  • Hello,

I would enable the additional debug-logs and verify what the error is.

Since your original error message states the Integration Manager as the source module for the error - that one would perhaps be a good place to start.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:22 AM
  • Hi,

Enabled Event log .. NO Error appears ... all information and same as other working app-V package. Nothing I could see that can be helpful to identify the problem. If I remove -Global and publish it to user check the log same information...

Nothing could be seen that can guide us here, Strange is  App-V Client Integration log has no error or info that can help...

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:37 PM
  • I was having this problem yesterday and I have managed to get it working using Office 2010 SP1

It doesnt seem to work with SP2 for some reason and Ive googled this and found similar problems but no solution

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 3:21 PM
  • Andy, You are exactly right Its SP2 Causing Some kind of Issue here I am at the same page where you are Thanks for your time
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 3:32 PM
  • Hello,

What was the name of the debug-log you enabled?

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 5:25 PM
  • Under App-V all Client logs one by One do not see any erro

Microsoft->AppV->Client-Integration->Debug and so on

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 5:54 PM
  • Hello,

After enabling the log, did you reproduce the error and rechecked it?

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:00 PM
  • Of course ...

I enabled all logs under appv->client and reproduced error strange I do not see error in log

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:17 PM
  • One finding... if I publish Package to all users VIA LanDesk ... working fine and published to all users ...Simply Under system account Publish -Global works any ideas
    Monday, November 25, 2013 2:16 PM
  • Hello,

Publishing to -global requires elevated execution context and administrative rights on the client.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 7:21 PM