Issue with recurring meetings after mailbox export/import RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

To solve an issue with Outlook closing as soon as a user accesses his calendar, I’ve made an export of the original mailbox and imported this into a new one. Now when the user tries to reschedule a recurring meeting made in the original mailbox he got an message saying 'You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user’. Neither can he delete the meeting.

Any help with this issue is highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 7:41 PM

Answers

• Dear All,

To solve an issue with Outlook closing as soon as a user accesses his calendar, I’ve made an export of the original mailbox and imported this into a new one. Now when the user tries to reschedule a recurring meeting made in the original mailbox he got an message saying 'You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user’. Neither can he delete the meeting.

Many thanks in advance.

Thats expected. When you exported that out and in to another mailbox you broke the association with the old mailbox.

You can see if adding the X500 address of the old legacy Exchange DN works

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/troubleshoot/mail-delivery/imceaex-ndr

The tough part is figuring out the old LegacyExchangeDN if you didnt document it. Have another send a reply to that user using a cached entry and hopefully it will bound back with the old legacyExchangeDN. Thats what you would need to add to the new mailbox as a X500 Address.

• Marked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Wednesday, July 22, 2020 3:36 PM
    Tuesday, July 21, 2020 9:43 PM
  • Hi ollie1970 ,

>> when the user tries to reschedule a recurring meeting made in the original mailbox he got an message.

Can this error be reproduced if you conduct the same operations on the web mail? 

If it can be reproduced on your web mail, I'm afraid that the error is expected as Andy said. Export/Import mailbox may indeed cause issues like this. If you still want to try about this, please check the information in this article which may be useful to you: Cannot Reply To Old Emails Or Modify Old Calendar Items After PST Mail Migration.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

• Marked as answer by ollie1970 Wednesday, July 22, 2020 1:20 PM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2020 10:09 AM

All replies

• Dear All,

Many thanks in advance.

Thats expected. When you exported that out and in to another mailbox you broke the association with the old mailbox.

You can see if adding the X500 address of the old legacy Exchange DN works

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/troubleshoot/mail-delivery/imceaex-ndr

The tough part is figuring out the old LegacyExchangeDN if you didnt document it. Have another send a reply to that user using a cached entry and hopefully it will bound back with the old legacyExchangeDN. Thats what you would need to add to the new mailbox as a X500 Address.

• Marked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Wednesday, July 22, 2020 3:36 PM
    Tuesday, July 21, 2020 9:43 PM
  • Hi ollie1970 ,

>> when the user tries to reschedule a recurring meeting made in the original mailbox he got an message.

Can this error be reproduced if you conduct the same operations on the web mail? 

If it can be reproduced on your web mail, I'm afraid that the error is expected as Andy said. Export/Import mailbox may indeed cause issues like this. If you still want to try about this, please check the information in this article which may be useful to you: Cannot Reply To Old Emails Or Modify Old Calendar Items After PST Mail Migration.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

• Marked as answer by ollie1970 Wednesday, July 22, 2020 1:20 PM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2020 10:09 AM
  • Many thanks! This did the trick. I was lucky enough to have the legacyExchangeDN/X.500 is a NDR. I used the PowerShell script listed on https://medium.com/365uc/imceaex-ndrs-and-how-to-solve-them-9876dec3537 to convert the IMCEAEX string to an X500 address, and added the X500 address to the mailbox.

Problem solved.

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 1:20 PM