none
Powershell script to report SPLA usage of Remote Desktop User CALs RRS feed

• Question

• So, there are new "reports" available in Server 2012 that show you user CAL licensing information. That's all good. However, it's a pain to sift through and figure out what "current" licenses were issued when, which is really all I need to report for SPLA. There has to be someone who has written, or can guide me to write, a powershell script that can just input a date range and have it report all CALs issued during that time frame? Specifically, I want Remote Desktop user CALs, but I don't mind getting info on other CALs issued, say for Office Standard or Office Pro Plus, etc. :)

Any help?

mpleaf

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 10:55 PM

Answers

• If you are in that license mode (self reported) then ask you MS license admin or rep to get you info on tools that can do that.

To some degree perfmon counters track license usage. 

Contact the MS license center (for your licensing model).

Outside of that I do not expect that there is a simple method, If ther ewas MS would have published it.  It has been an iissue for many of us.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Marked as answer by mpleaf Friday, November 14, 2014 6:28 PM
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 11:35 PM

All replies

• If you are in that license mode (self reported) then ask you MS license admin or rep to get you info on tools that can do that.

To some degree perfmon counters track license usage. 

Contact the MS license center (for your licensing model).

Outside of that I do not expect that there is a simple method, If ther ewas MS would have published it.  It has been an iissue for many of us.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Marked as answer by mpleaf Friday, November 14, 2014 6:28 PM
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 11:35 PM
  • Ouch. :(

Thanks JRV.

mpleaf

Friday, November 14, 2014 6:28 PM