none
Opening pinned folder removes excel shortcut pin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have created 2 shortcut on my desktop to pin to the task bar using the 'explorer ' file location.

One shortcut is to a Folder 'N:\Damian' on the hard drive.

The second shortcut is a for a excel spreadsheet  which is saved on the hard drive under 'N:\Damian\Files\Cost Sheet.xlsx' 

The shortcut for the excel spreadsheet is fine it opens the spreadsheet and the shortcut icon still stays pinned to the task bar.

When I open the folder shortcut though it opens the folder, the shortcut icon for the folder stays on the task bar but the shortcut icon for the excel spreadsheet disappear.

This happens weather the excel spreadsheet is open or not.

So the problem I have is if the folder 'Damian' is open (which it mostly is) I no longer have a pin for my spread sheet which I open and close all day.

Thursday, May 9, 2019 1:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

A Workaround:

1.Unpin your folder N:\Damian shortcut from the taskbar

2.Pin Cost Sheet.xlsx to taskbar

3.Right-click taskbar and select Toolbars->New toolbar…->navigate to your N:\Damian->choose folder. Then Damian folder is appearing in taskbar right bottom, you even can view its content directly.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Scally44 Sunday, May 12, 2019 11:10 PM
    Friday, May 10, 2019 2:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

A Workaround:

1.Unpin your folder N:\Damian shortcut from the taskbar

2.Pin Cost Sheet.xlsx to taskbar

3.Right-click taskbar and select Toolbars->New toolbar…->navigate to your N:\Damian->choose folder. Then Damian folder is appearing in taskbar right bottom, you even can view its content directly.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Scally44 Sunday, May 12, 2019 11:10 PM
    Friday, May 10, 2019 2:39 AM
  • Thanks very much.

Worked perfectly.

Sunday, May 12, 2019 11:12 PM