none
GPO : Item Level Targeting for Windows 10

Question

• Hi, GPMC on Server 2012 there are no windows 10 items for OS item level targeting.

Is this expected ?

Ramu V Ramanan

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 2:38 AM

Answers

• If you use a Win10 workstation with RSAT installed, you can author GPP with ILT and choose Win10

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 9:58 AM

All replies

• hii,

Yes this is expected as it is clearly explained in MSDN library that operating System Targeting applies to only listed OS. Refer this Relevant MSDN article:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753566.aspx

Thanks and Regards

If you find my contribution useful then please do mark as an answer or vote as helpful.

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 5:26 AM
  • thanks, I need to push out the registry to disable wifi-sense for windows 10 in domain: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3085719 ("IT administrators can also use Group Policy to create and set...")... We have a mix of OS in the domain and wanted to target pushing out this registry to just Windows 10 ones. Any suggestions?

Ramu V Ramanan

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 9:43 AM
  • If you use a Win10 workstation with RSAT installed, you can author GPP with ILT and choose Win10

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 9:58 AM
  • thanks ! That will solve my problem (may be server 2016 also has the same option).  time to upgrade phew.. :)

Ramu V Ramanan

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 11:23 AM
  • Hi Ramu V Ramanan,

Glad that you solved the problem.

And again thanks Don for sharing.

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 14, 2015 6:54 AM