Frequent System Hang RRS feed

• Question

• I'm going nuts.
    Last night my Windows 7 machine was running great. This morning, it hangs for 1-3 seconds every 60 seconds - no matter what I'm doing. I've tried restoring a system checkpoint, restarting, looking for system-hogging resources via Task Manager, scanning for Viruses - nothing works! Does anyone have a clue what this may be?

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:52 PM

Answers

• Can you let us know what you have done last night?

If system restore can't fix your issue, you can test your machine in the Safe mode with networking as a test, if it works fine, you can test your machine in the Clean Boot mode to narrow down the cause of your issue. This method will help you determine if this issue is caused by a loading program or service, you can try the following link.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

I hope this can help you.

John
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, January 25, 2010 9:17 AM
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 4:53 AM
  • Add to John's suggestion, you can press Ctrl+Shift+Esc combine key to bring up Task Manager, click on Processes tab and then find the process which is taking the most usage of the CPU.

Also, you can use Process Explorer v11.33 to monitor the processes.

Monday, January 25, 2010 9:17 AM

All replies

• Can you let us know what you have done last night?

If system restore can't fix your issue, you can test your machine in the Safe mode with networking as a test, if it works fine, you can test your machine in the Clean Boot mode to narrow down the cause of your issue. This method will help you determine if this issue is caused by a loading program or service, you can try the following link.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

I hope this can help you.

John
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 4:53 AM
  • Add to John's suggestion, you can press Ctrl+Shift+Esc combine key to bring up Task Manager, click on Processes tab and then find the process which is taking the most usage of the CPU.

Also, you can use Process Explorer v11.33 to monitor the processes.

Monday, January 25, 2010 9:17 AM
  • it wont let me get to system restore or control board

Sunday, August 12, 2018 4:36 AM