Pivot Chart Displaying problem!!!!!!! (drive me crazy) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

I'm working in an issue for some days which I'm not able to fix it..................

We have a distributted environment with different machines for Analysis Services, PPs, Sharepoint......

At the PPs i gave grants to read to ALL and to NT Identified users + the owner of the scorecard+Reports+KPis,etc...........

Ok, I'm on the sharepoint trying to view my deployment and with the owner and the creator of the pps I'm able to view the scorecard and all the Pivot chart reports.......

BUT when I change to another client which is whoever guy at the office is not able to display the OWC part......they have the same rights at sharepoint.......etc.......i dunno what's goin' on.......

:-(

any ideas would be much greatful.

cheers
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:53 PM

Answers

• Is this something that cannot be done in an Analytic Chart or if that doesn't work you could look at a ProClarity Analytical View?  Another option would be to go with Excel Services which can be referenced in your dashboard.  OWC is a deprecated feature and is no longer being developed on by Microsoft, so it is in your best interest to look at other options for future development.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Thursday, April 16, 2009 5:35 PM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 10:47 AM
  • Ok i fixed the problem with a crazy way...........

If i go to excel services 2007 when i make an OLAP connection i have a string connection which looks like the same as the report connection for Pps..but I missed one field (the password) so i changed the string connection from the excel to the PPS and its working now.........

crazy crazy...
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:57 AM

All replies

• Hi

I hope the issue is not related to following information from documentation http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb838753.aspx

Office Web Components are not supported on PerformancePoint Server 64-bit deployments. These components are 32-bit only and are not compatible with the 64-bit implementation of PerformancePoint Server even though these components may run on a 64-bit computer when 32-bit Internet Explorer hosts the Office Web Components. This is a known issue and is not supported.

Thank you,
    Sundar - MSFT

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:53 PM
  • Well in that case should not work for any user i guess..coz the computer and the server is the same.

anyway Could I do any other way to have a pivot chart? just with office components?
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 9:02 AM
  • Is this something that cannot be done in an Analytic Chart or if that doesn't work you could look at a ProClarity Analytical View?  Another option would be to go with Excel Services which can be referenced in your dashboard.  OWC is a deprecated feature and is no longer being developed on by Microsoft, so it is in your best interest to look at other options for future development.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 10:47 AM
  • Ok i fixed the problem with a crazy way...........

If i go to excel services 2007 when i make an OLAP connection i have a string connection which looks like the same as the report connection for Pps..but I missed one field (the password) so i changed the string connection from the excel to the PPS and its working now.........

crazy crazy...
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:57 AM