Outlook in O365 - Automatic Reply - are images blocked? RRS feed

• Question

• Images don't seem to work in Automatic Replies? Are images blocked?

I can copy and paste a jpg into the Automatic Reply box but it seems to be blocked or something and all the recipient gets is "The image cannot be displayed" etc even if the image is on the internet

Any ideas?
    • Edited by BayTree Wednesday, May 29, 2019 5:31 PM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2019 5:30 PM

Answers

• Hi BayTree,

Welcome to our forum.

>>  I can copy and paste a jpg into the Automatic Reply box but it seems to be blocked or something and all the recipient gets is "The image cannot be displayed" etc even if the image is on the internet.

This is by design, I'm afraid that it is impossible to see the image directly copied in the Automatic Reply. 

If you'd like to insert images into the Automatic Reply, please follow the steps below to create a rule as a workaround. 

1. Click File > Rules & Alerts.
    2. New Rule... > Apply rule on messages I receive > Send only to me (depends on you) > have server reply using a specific message.
    3. Replace it with a template. Here you can insert images in your template. Then click Save & Close.
    4. Save the rule. Turn on this rule when you need a Automatic Replies.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 30, 2019 3:23 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry that I may not have described it clearly.

When you click"a specific message", a blank message will appear, then you are able to compose this message(insert images) and save it as a template to be used in Automatic Replies.

This is what I mean by "template". I hope I have made it clear.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 30, 2019 6:37 AM

All replies

• Hi BayTree,

Welcome to our forum.

>>  I can copy and paste a jpg into the Automatic Reply box but it seems to be blocked or something and all the recipient gets is "The image cannot be displayed" etc even if the image is on the internet.

This is by design, I'm afraid that it is impossible to see the image directly copied in the Automatic Reply. 

If you'd like to insert images into the Automatic Reply, please follow the steps below to create a rule as a workaround. 

1. Click File > Rules & Alerts.
    2. New Rule... > Apply rule on messages I receive > Send only to me (depends on you) > have server reply using a specific message.
    3. Replace it with a template. Here you can insert images in your template. Then click Save & Close.
    4. Save the rule. Turn on this rule when you need a Automatic Replies.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Thursday, May 30, 2019 3:23 AM
  • Hi Aidan

When you say "Template" do you mean any saved email message?

Or does a specific email Template Tool exist?

Many thanks for your help

Thursday, May 30, 2019 5:25 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry that I may not have described it clearly.

When you click"a specific message", a blank message will appear, then you are able to compose this message(insert images) and save it as a template to be used in Automatic Replies.

This is what I mean by "template". I hope I have made it clear.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Thursday, May 30, 2019 6:37 AM
  • That's great many thanks Aidan
    Thursday, May 30, 2019 6:41 AM
  • Hi,

You're welcome:)

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Thursday, May 30, 2019 6:54 AM